- 2nd Annual Food Addiction Conference and Be Mentally Well Symposium 2nd Annual Food Addiction Conference
Downloadable / Viewable Reference Documents
Sponsored by the UMass Department of Psychiatry
and the Food Addiction Institute
A Tool Kit for Food Addiction Assessment and Treatment; The Basics from A to Z For Physicians, Dietitians, Therapists and other Allied Health Professionals
Phil Werdell, MA
• Normal Eater, Emotional Eater, Food Addict
• Challenging Food Addiction Denial
• Pre-Assessment Clues ...
- International Training In Mapping Sugar/Food Addiction September 23-25, 2015
Come to Iceland for a magical exploration of SUGAR (Sugar Use General Assessment Recording)
The training is aimed for professionals that work with the problem of eating and overweight in any capacity!
The SUGAR training is for you if you want to be able to assess and map sugar and/or foodaddiction with your clients. ...
- Second Annual Food Addiction Conference We are pleased to invite you to attend the “Be Mentally Well” Symposium jointly sponsored by the UMass Department of Psychiatry and the Food Addiction Institute: “Trouble with Food? Sorting it Out with a Focus on Recovery”. This 1-day symposium is for anyone struggling with food issues, their family members and the professionals that work ...
- The Truth about Food Addiction on Canada TV “The Truth about Food Addiction” on Canada TV
- New book out by Vera Tarman & Phil Werdell Pre-Order Food Junkies: The Truth About Food Addiction
The New book out by Vera Tarman & Phil Werdell Release date December 23, 2014
- Cross Addictions Let us begin by looking at the easier part of the problem: food addicts who are cross addicted and already abstinent and in recovery from other chemical dependent substances. Three of those most frequently encountered are nicotine, alcohol and street drugs.
Smokers and FoodA very common issue of cross-addiction that is usually not ...
- Bulimia & Food Addiction Food addiction begins with physical craving, evolves into mental obsession, and, ultimately, becomes a whole life of spiritual illness. It is also a physical disease of chemical dependency upon one or more foods or on volumes of food in general.
Bulimia is a psychological illness, a mental-emotional problem usually rooted in unresolved ...
- Anorexia & Food Addiction The common image of food addicts is that they are overweight. A majority of those for whom the disease of food addiction has progressed certainly are obese – and/or morbidly (i.e., life threateningly) obese. Yet there are many food addicts who are a normal weight. Some of these healthy looking food addicts are bulimic. Others ...
- Binge Eating Disorder & Food Addiction It is frequently difficult to distinguish between “compulsive overeating” and “food addiction,” especially since many recovering people as well as the professionals who support them use the terms interchangeably.
At ACORN, we have come to use the terms “compulsive eating” and “addiction to food” to define two distinctly different problems. We use the term “compulsive overeating” ...