Building upon work to date, our current objectives are to:
- Complete a scientific review paper on “Loss of Control and Food Addiction”.
- Begin a Professional Training Program in Iceland.
- Support the development of one or more food addiction recovery house.
- Conduct the second stage of the FAI’s educational campaign about food as a Substance Use Disorder with the American Psychiatric Association.
- Increase participation in open recovery weekends for food addicts.
- Publish regular email newsletter and increase circulation.
New objectives are to:
- Develop a multi-regional training program about food addiction for physicians, dietitians, therapists and other health care professionals.
- Increase fundraising activities.
- Support research by Yale University researchers and ACORN Food Dependency Recovery Services on withdrawal in detoxifying food addicts.
- Support the first two-day training on food addiction at the Florida Institute of Addiction Studies.
- Reach out and work with our allies.
- Catalog, summarize and disseminate research.