The Food Addiction Institute is an educational institution. Our priority is to reach out to healthcare and allied health providers who serve patients or clients who are or may be addicted to one or more foods or to the process of eating. We provide up to date information about initial screening, diagnosis and treatment. We also disseminate information at our website and in other forums directly to those afflicted with food addiction. We refer them to sources of information, support and appropriate professional assistance.
Professional Training Opportunities
2nd Annual Food Addiction Conference
October 16 & 17, 2015
A companion event, a “Be Mentally Well” Symposium: “Trouble with Food? Sorting it Out with a Focus on Recovery” will be held on Saturday, October 17, 2015 at the UMass Medical School. This 1-day symposium is for anyone struggling with food issues, their family members and the professionals that work with them directly.Find details about both at: www.umassmed.edu/psychiatry/food-addiction-conference/
FAI/ACORN Food Addiction Three Day Professional Training
October 9 – 11, 2015
Register at: http://foodaddiction.com/programs/registration
- Help identify and expand knowledge about food addiction.
- Provide professional and public education about food addiction as a treatable chemical dependency to physicians, dieticians, therapists, counselors and allied health professionals, internationally.
- Offer information about promising new practices for the treatment of food addiction.
- Supply resources for those who may be food addicted.
- Create a forum for the development and dissemination of innovative and effective public health strategies related to the prevention, mitigation and treatment of food addiction.
We invite you to join us in this work. And please do consider: Signing up for our newsletter.