The Food Addiction Institute is an educational institution. Our priority is to reach out to healthcare and allied health providers who serve patients or clients who are or may be addicted to one or more foods or to the process of eating. We provide up to date information about initial screening, diagnosis and treatment. We also disseminate information at our website and in other forums directly to those afflicted with food addiction. We refer them to sources of information, support and appropriate professional assistance.
Annual Food Addiction Conference and Be Mentally Well Symposium
Professional Training Opportunities
Primary Intensive© is a 5-day structured residential workshop experience, patterned after the first weeks of inpatient treatment for food dependency. Please Note: Price includes meals.
- Help identify and expand knowledge about food addiction.
- Provide professional and public education about food addiction as a treatable chemical dependency to physicians, dieticians, therapists, counselors and allied health professionals, internationally.
- Offer information about promising new practices for the treatment of food addiction.
- Supply resources for those who may be food addicted.
- Create a forum for the development and dissemination of innovative and effective public health strategies related to the prevention, mitigation and treatment of food addiction.
We invite you to join us in this work. And please do consider: Signing up for our newsletter.